Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I Found A Place . . . (written Oct 26, 2014)

Every . . . thing . . . matters,” says Andy Andrews (Christian motivational speaker/author). I agree. It matters that I am here at this time and place.

Moving to Ridgeport Subdivision in 2010, I was delighted to see two churches just up the road from me at the corner of Duplex and Hwy 31. I often spent Saturday night/Sunday with 1 of 4 grown children attending their large charismatic churches. (They all live 10-20 miles from me) So it wasn’t until sometime last year I finally ventured forth to visit – starting with Spring Hill Methodist Church.

I never got across the street . . .

From the first visit I have felt at home, at peace, within these walls. From the friendliness of the people, to the music that brings tears to my eyes every week because it takes me back to the songs of my childhood and memories of my parents. Church and parents who taught me always to “seek” the truth, don’t judge others, turn the other cheek.”

And then, of course, there’s the uplifting and thoughtful messages presented by our pastor. Again, almost always bringing a tear to my eyes or a grin to my face because of the poignant or quirky examples he references. I come seeking spiritual food. And I get it.

Pastor Keith always manages to bring to our attention issues that are relevant to the times in which we live. What a blessing he is to this community.

The teaching, the music, the loving acceptance . . . it is all part of a special spirit that fills this place . . . I think it’s called “Holy” . . .

God Bless Pastor Keith and God Bless SHUMC

No comments:

Post a Comment